Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thank you

I just want to thank everyone who continues to check our blog - we feel honoured! We're also excited to see a few new dots on our map! Makes us really wonder who's out there, reading... Plans for Zimbabwe continue to come together slowly. Our government paperwork should be finished and sent within the next 2-3 weeks, so that will be a huge weight off our shoulders. Then, the waiting begins. If this goes smoothly (and that's a BIG if) we might be able to leave in late October. We'll first fly to Chicago for pretraining, then fly straight to Zim from there. Then, work and hopefully some travel, then back to Illinois for debriefing, then home! We might be gone for 8-9 weeks!! We are still so excited, and I spent a bit of time checking out some safaris, which made me even MORE excited!! :D I cannot wait to make this life-long dream of mine come true. I sometimes am still amazed that we're really planning it!

We are still hit every now and again with the "Haiti blues", though not so often anymore. We will never forget the Haitian people, or our experiences there. I am so grateful for the opportunities that we had, and for being able to play a small part in the relief effort. Almost every friend we made there has gone back, or is going back, and that helps us stay connected with what's going on there. (Though not without a few moments of jealousy now and then!) We still miss our babies so much. However, we do feel confident in God's plan for us, that it is not His will for us to go back to Haiti at this time. All I know is that we go to Zimbabwe next, and then... who knows?

No comments: