Mangwanani! Good morning.
Marara here? or Marara seyi? How did you sleep?
Ndarara kana mararawo - I slept well if you did
Masikati! - Good afternoon
Maswera here? or Maswera seyi? How did you spend the day?
Ndaswera kana maswerawo - I spent it well if you did
-- Yes, that is a typical greeting
Or if it's later afternoon( early evening):
Manheru! - good afternoon ( followed by the same from above)
Mwari wakanaka, shamwari yangu . God is good, my friend.
Okay, so not much happening today. Our orientation is finished, and some people have already left. We had one new guy join us this afternoon, he's debriefing after a three week trip to Japan. Here's the catch-- he's blind. I have no idea how hard that must have been to go to a country where we can't even read the language, and get around. But as he (Garrett) said, "What's the difference? You may as well be blind if you can't read!" Wow. Such courage.
So whoever is left are all going out for supper together tonight to Qdoba Mexican Grill. Delicious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment