Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well, I thought I would write about our last few days,too. So much has already happened, it's just crazy!
 All three of our flights were red-eye flights. After arriving in Frankfurt, we checked into a hotel for four hours of sleep, which was very needed. Then we met up in the lobby of that same hotel with another couple that we would be travelling with; Mike and Shalise Boso of Ohio. We checked out, then went by high-speed train across a small section of  Frankfurt to the downtown terminal. We wandered around downtown for a few hours, then grabbed supper at the most interesting restaurant. The menu was a giant electronic computer-type board, where you select what you want and then loaded it onto an electronic card, like the little "table-ready thingies" that light up when... well.. when your table is ready.
 Upon returning to the downtown train station, we found ourselves in an area near one bullet train with  very probably 200-ish police officers and soldiers in groups. We assume there was some sort of dignitary or something nearby.
 After another red-eye, we landed in Johannesburg, South Africa. I'm still not sure if I was feeling tremors, or if I was just extremely tired, but I felt tremors about 6 or 8 times over our five hour stay. Creepy. I was very willing to say that I was just really tired, but today we learned that tremors are a regular occurence in J'burg because they have done so much mining underneath the city, extracting gold or whatever;  so now who knows?
 After another evening flight, we made it to Harare. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, we made it in past customs with no hold-ups.
 Things here are so beautiful. Today the grounds-keeper, Marshall, at T.E.A.M.'s guest-house here in  Harare showed me around a bit. Mango and banana trees, loaded with fruit. Papaya, apple, orange, lemon trees; maize, butter-nut squash, gourds, and pumpkin. A massive mahogany tree, it's trunk at least 5 feet in diameter. A landscaper's dream, trust me.
 I know some people wanted to know some prayer requests.  Michelle's nursing license is still not approved, so she will have to do something else until it is; at least there are contingency plans.
 Well, more tomorrow, I'm fairly certain.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah you made it!!! Awesome that there were no issues at customs!
Glad you had fun experience in Germany, restaurant sounds interesting!!
Can't wait to see pictures...the yard sounds beautiful with all the fruit trees and garden!
Praying for you guys...hope approval for Michelle to nurse comes through soon...and in the mean time, I'm sure God will use her for other good works! Luv you guys!