That's what Dixie always says. don't sweat the small stuff. He knows!! Today has been a continuation of the whirlwind from days before! I've been up since 4 yesterday morning! I cant wait to sleep.
At 12:25 am this morning, we "stepped out of the boat" and onto an airplane, headed for toronto. waiting in between flights, I decided to buy today's paper. big mistake. the front cover of today's globe and mail shows a horrible scene unfolding in Haiti. Big mistake , because I spent the next few hours while flying over Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida convincing myself that I and nine other people headed to Haiti should have the Idiot of the Day award.
we landed safely in Miami, and I still didn't know about things. after gathering our luggage, we had to contact others, but the cell phone refused to let us. Not getting too discouraged, we found some american money, made change ,and called from a pay phone!! Old technology still works best, eh?
only moments later we had met up with cheryl from Michigan. Excitement soared.
She told the latest developements, some of which we can not say yet. Hopefully soon, tho. She said everywhere are "God things " happening. There is a church in Miami shopping at Costco today getting sugar, flour, bread , .......... lots of stuff There is a u-haul outside getting loaded already now with stuff that's going on the charter 737!! There's talk of helicopters, convoys, wow. I'm such a geek. Anyways, Michelle just asked for sleep , so i'll post more when i can.
6 comments:
No matter what you look at, we can be sure that only the enemy is telling you that you're crazy. So many of us wish we were coming with you!
Mom W
Haha, thank you for bringing laughter to us! You are a geek, but a very special one at that!
Look at what you're doing......I can imagine like Michelle said, she feels like any minute she might wake up to realize it was all a dream....
It all must seem so surreal....and then throw in helicopters and Guards to escort you! Iyayiiyaaa!
I completely agree with Michelle's mom....it's definitely not God telling you you're crazy!
Thanks for the updates....hope you guys were able to get some good solid rest! luv ya! ~joyce
wow guys, you amaze me. I love how you write Garner, you have a wonderful way with words.
God bless your efforts. It will surely be a life changing experience.
Henry and Marie
Your story is soooo inpsiring!! I can't wait to see how God is going to use you there! And... I agree with the others, you have an awesome way with words - love reading your entires :)
Hey guys, what a whirlwind of activity! I'm thankful, and amazed, you have found the time to share a few thoughts with us. Our connection to you will keep Haiti at the forefront of our thoughts and prayers as the media slowly starts to find the next big story to follow. We are praying for you guys...for continued travelling mercies, for strength in whatever situation you may find yourselves in and for your actions to be a blessing to those whose lives you touch.
Garner and Michelle, I find this so inspiring! God will lead you and guide you through what will enfold as one of the, if not the most incredible but difficult experiences that will change you like never before. I am already thankful for you guys but right now my prayers are with you and and my heart has an extra special fondness for your safety and for the blessing(s) that you will become! Be brave and God will supply all your needs according to His great riches... ~Calvin B
Post a Comment