Michelle and I have very little time. Please check out godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org to see a bunch of pictures from us in Miami and on the ground in PAP. It's awesome.
Your probably wondering what a 6.1 earthquake feels like. Well, at first I thought Michelle had bumped the bed. So I kind of sat up and looked , but there was nobody there. I was confused, but then it was back, I was sitting up in bed and it intensified, more and more. That's the sign of a true earthquake- it builds.
If you have questions about Haiti, feel free to ask. I know time is tight, but we'll do what we can to answer them while in Haiti, and otherwise you'll have to wait. But we will continue to post on the blog until we are back home at least.
You need to get after the Canadian gov't to get these kids home. Everyone is leaving tomorrow except the Canadian kids and the French. All other gov'ts raced to be PROACTIVE!
Who knows, if they drag their butts long enough, we may be flying back to Montreal and then Calgary with 18 kids. But hopefully they get out sooner than that.
Some of our group was on Larry King Live on CNN today. Unfortunately , we can't be everywhere at once. We were in an army tent with 37 kids, some of which are coming down with diarrhea, etc. Tomorrow we're taking lots of electrolites along, until the doctors can get to them . Pray for our continued safety.
Soon I hope to be able to return to my eloquent ramblings.....
3 comments:
Garn, I kinda wanted to ask what that quake might've felt like. Thanks for sharing. I heard on The National tonight that the Canadian gov't is allowing 100 kids right away...seems like such a small amount still. I wish they could send a couple of 747's back and to use our hospitals too...this world is covered many times over in so much red tape though...God bless again! Cal B.
Thanks for the updates!
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
May the Lord Bless you and keep you both in his Care.
Much Love!
**hugs**
Thinking of you both and praying for you as you continue God's work there. Thank you for sharing your journey. The people of Haiti are in our prayers and we will continue to pray for the safe evacuation of all of the children being adopted as well as the ones left behind in a country facing so much devastation. God will continue to give you the strength you need to face each day!
Post a Comment